WARNING! WAIVER AND RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND AGREEMENT TO PARTICIPATE
In consideration of being permitted to participate in any way, including travel to and from, the the 2021 US OPEN Judo Championships and related events and activities of United States Judo, Inc. (USA Judo), USJA, USJF, ATJA, AJJF, Orlando Convention and Visitors Bureau, HYATT REGENCY ORLANDO, Tournament Directors, Tournament Organizers, Tournament Staff, Florida Judo, Inc., Panther Judo Club, Somerset Academy, I hereby:
1. Acknowledge that I am familiar with the sport of Judo and understand the rules governing the sport of Judo.
2. Agree that prior to participating, I will inspect the mats, equipment, facilities, competition pools or divisions and the elimination or scoring system to be used, and if I believe anything is unsafe or beyond my capability, I will immediately advise my coach, supervisor, and/or a tournament official of such conditions and refuse to participate.
3. Acknowledge and fully understand that I will be engaging in a contact sport that might result in serious injury, including permanent disability or death, including possible exposure to and illness from infectious diseases (including but not limited to COVID-19, and severe social and economic losses due to not only my own actions, inactions, or negligence, but also to the actions, inactions, or negligence of others, the rules of the sport of Judo, or conditions of the premises or of any equipment used. Further, I acknowledge that there may be other risks not known to me or not reasonably foreseeable at this time.
4. Knowing the risks involved in the sport of Judo, I assume all such risks and accept personal responsibility for the damages caused by, arising out of, resulting from or following such injury, permanent disability, or death.
5. Release, waive, discharge and covenant not to sue the United States Judo, Inc., the United States Olympic Committee, United States Judo Federation, United States Judo Association, American Traditional Jujutsu Association, American Judo & Jujitsu Federation, Orlando Convention and Visitors Bureau, HYATT REGENCY ORLANDO, Tournament Directors, Tournament Organizers, Tournament Staff, Florida Judo, Inc., Panther Judo Club, Somerset Academy, together with their affiliated clubs, their respective administrators, directors, agents, coaches and other employees or volunteers of the organization, event officials, medical personnel, other participants, their parents, guardians, supervisors and coaches, sponsoring agencies, sponsors, advertisers, and if applicable, owners, lessors, and lessees of premises used to conduct the event, all of whom are hereinafter referred to as “releasee”, from any and all claims, demands, losses, actions, causes of actions or damages on account of injury, including permanent disability and death and possible exposure to and illness from infectious diseases (including but not limited to COVID-19, and damage to property (Collectively, “Liabilities”), caused or alleged to be caused in whole or in part by the acts or omissions of the release, even if arising from their negligence, OR OTHERWISE to the fullest extent permitted by law.
6. I agree to be filmed and photographed under conditions approved and authorized by USA Judo, to include the use of my name, biographical information, public appearances, interviews, photographs, portrait and motion pictures and television recordings of my judo performance/participation and grant to USA Judo and Organizers the right to record and make use of the same, and to authorize others to do so in promoting the competition and the success of the judo team on which I compete, to promote the image of USA Judo, its sponsors and advertisers, and the sport of amateur judo, and to fund the activities of the USA Judo
I HAVE READ THE ABOVE WARNING, WAIVER AND RELEASE, UNDERSTAND THAT I GIVE UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS BY SIGNING IT, AND KNOWING THIS, SIGN IT VOLUNTARILY. I AGREE TO PARTICIPATE KNOWING THE RISK AND CONDITIONS INVOLVED AND DO SO ENTIRELY OF MY OWN FREE WILL. I AFFIRM THAT I AM AT LEAST 18 YEARS OF AGE, OR, IF I AM UNDER 18 YEARS OF AGE, I HAVE OBTAINED THE REQUIRED CONSENT OF MY PARENT/GUARDIAN AS EVIDENCED BY THEIR SIGNATURE BELOW..Participant’s Printed Name Participant’s Signature Date
FOR PARENTS/GUARDIANS OF PARTICIPANTS OF MINORITY AGE(UNDER AGE 18 AT TIME OF REGISTRATION)
This is to certify that I, as parent/guardian with legal responsibility for this participant, do consent and agree to his/her release, as provided above, of all the Releasees, and, for myself, my heirs, assigns, and next of kin, I release and agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Releasees from any and all liabilities incident to my minor child’s involvement or participation in these programs as provided above, even if arising from their negligence, to the fullest extent permitted by law. I have instructed the minor participant as to the above warnings and conditions and their ramifications.Parent/Guardian’s Printed NameParent/Guardian’s Signature Date Participant’s Printed Name Participant’s Signature Date 2019_US_Open_Juniors, Seniors, Veterans
23 COVID19 PANDEMIC
TESTING AND SAFETY PRECAUTIONS
The US Open, USA Judo, and the Hyatt Regency Orlando are working together for the safety of all athletes participating in these Championships. The below outlines safety measures we will be enforcing both in advance of and during this event. Please be sure to read and understand the information provided below.
ALL athletes must submit a paper copy of a negative COVID19 test result taken within 5 days of event start date, Friday, July 23 (Juniors), Sunday July 25 (Seniors and Veterans). The Test result must be presented, in person, at one of the Registration/Check-in periods. Athletes will not be allowed to Register/Check-in until the negative test result is submitted.
Failure to provide a negative test result, with test dates within 5 days of the event, will eliminate the athlete from competition. No exceptions. If an athlete fails to provide a negative test result and is eliminated from the competition, no expenses incurred for travel/participation to the event will be reimbursed. This includes event registration fees.
Fabric masks must be worn at all times while in the Hyatt Regency Orlando Venue for ALL ATTENDEES (officials, volunteers, USA Judo/US Open staff, coaches, spectators, parents, etc.). The only exception is for athletes and referees when they are on the mat competing. Masks shall be removed by the athlete only when they are called onto the mat by the referee and must put the mask immediately back on when they conclude the match.
US Open will not provide masks; however, masks will be available to purchase onsite.
Temperature checks will be conducted at the venue entrance. Attendees with temperatures of 100.4 degrees(F) and above will not be allowed in the venue.
Hand sanitizer and wipes will be available throughout the hotel and venue and we encourage all to use them.
Each competition mat area/mat warm up area, coaches and on deck chairs, scoring tables, and referee tables will be cleaned with disinfectant once every hour. Please be patient with us while we conduct these cleaning measures.
We ask that social distancing be followed while in the bleachers/seating area for non-family members as well as in any lines. There will be no gathering of athletes/coaches/parents allowed inside the barricade and at the barricade. Only coaches and athletes that are on deck and in the hole will be allowed inside the barricade. If not on the mat, on deck or in the hole, you must be in the seating area.
Social distancing will also be required at the Hyatt Regency Orlando and specifically during registration, weigh in’s and meetings.
ANYONE WHO VIOLATES THE MASK MANDATE OR GATHERING INSIDE/OUTSIDE OF BARRICADES MAY BE REMOVED FROM THE VENUE.
REMEMBER: ATHLETES WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO REGISTER/CHECK-IN OR COMPETE WITHOUT PROVIDING A NEGATIVE COVID19 TEST RESULT
The above criteria may be changed based on the health requirements of the State of Florida, City of Orlando and/or the Hyatt Regency Orlando.